In Western musical theory a cadence is a particular series of intervals or chords that ends a phrase, section, or piece of music. Cadences give phrases a distinctive ending. An analogy can be made with punctuation, with some weaker cadences acting as commas, indicating a pause or momentary rest, while a stronger cadence will then act as the period, indicating the end of the phrase or musical sentence.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Moved into the Promised Land

It's been a long time I wrote something on this blog. I hope to keep it updated in the days to come. Today I would like to start with a good news that I finally moved in to Stanford to start my Graduate Studies at the Electrical Engineering Department. After a month's stay at home, with the usual entertainments of eating, sleeping and cinemas the d'day came on 24th August 2008 when I took a flight to Singapore from the Chennai Meenambakkam airport. I took a break journey for three days in Singapore to meet my best pal Maggi. It was a memorable trip there although he tortured me with his typical Rajini dialogs. I took off from Singapore on 28th August and reached San Francisco on 28th, after changing flights in Hong Kong. It wasn't a new experience for me as I had been to US a couple of months ago. The Super Shuttle, a shared van drive arrived on time and took me to Stanford for just $30. Things are very perfect in US, as my apartment keys were ready when I arrived. It had been a very long journey and slept peacefully on my bed..not knowing that I had to starve the next day....

No comments: