In Western musical theory a cadence is a particular series of intervals or chords that ends a phrase, section, or piece of music. Cadences give phrases a distinctive ending. An analogy can be made with punctuation, with some weaker cadences acting as commas, indicating a pause or momentary rest, while a stronger cadence will then act as the period, indicating the end of the phrase or musical sentence.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving dinner with Masala Dosa !!



It  was really cool to celebrate the American thanksgiving with traditional south indian dishes.. I invited three of my friends from Stanford for the thanksgiving dinner at my apartment. I thought it would be a real fun to have people around on this wonderful day, sharing their thoughts and hanging around. So I planned out several dishes for this occasion. Masala Dosa with Sambar, Vegetable Biryani, Semiya Payasam, Thayir Pachidi and wonderful sweets and savouries from Rangoli Sweets. It took me about 4-5 hours to get all this things done. I have never tried this stuff before, but took it as a challenge and with my mother's support over skype I was able to do all this stuff. I also managed to setup a thanksgiving table within my small apartment. Used a bit of my imagination to put up some candles and greeting cards..

JJ Just before the party, I looked around my apartment and I can't really believe that it was my apartment. It was so neat and organized. I took a video of my own apartment because I never know when I will see it back in this form :-). Anyways so I had my friends come in and it was a wonderful time with them.. Esp everyone loved the Masala Dosa.. definitely it tasted awesome..After about 2 hours of dinner and chatting I took a sigh of relief and sat back and thanked for such a wonderful time and lovely friends. I wish there were many more wonderful moments like this in my life...

No comments: