In Western musical theory a cadence is a particular series of intervals or chords that ends a phrase, section, or piece of music. Cadences give phrases a distinctive ending. An analogy can be made with punctuation, with some weaker cadences acting as commas, indicating a pause or momentary rest, while a stronger cadence will then act as the period, indicating the end of the phrase or musical sentence.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

What more could I ask for a Spring Break !!




10 hours after my last final exam of the Winter Quarter ended I was at the airport on my way to India... It was a memorable trip with quality time spent with my parents and friends.. Although the spring break was short, I took the first week of the Spring Quarter off, so that I get to stay a bit longer at home.. It really doesn't matter as nothing much happens during the first week of classes.. I visited one of my best friends at Singapore on the way to India. At home... I had a wonderful time with my parents and relatives.. I also got a chance to spend time with some of my best pals.. Infact couple of them came from Bangalore to my house at Chennai.. to spend time with me... We strolled the streets of Chennai.. remembering the days of our undergrad class :-) I also bought lot of indian food stuffs like pickles and sweets. My mother made lot of home ground masala powder for cooking.... But however the 12 days passed away very quickly.... Anyways I really enjoyed every bit of it.... On my way back I had a stop over of 5 hours in Singapore and 8 hours in Hongkong. I just worked out a plan at both places. Since the visa rules are very lenient at both these countries I decided to walk out of the airport... At singapore I met my friend again and we managed to spend some quality time at the beach and the park.. Hongkong was the best part.. I got to visit many places in a short time of about 6 hours.. It has one of the most beautiful and stunning skyline of all cities in the world. It's a must visit place for any world traveller atleast once in a life time... When I returned to Stanford I felt that It was one of the best vacation I have ever had and I couldn't have asked for more....

No comments: