In Western musical theory a cadence is a particular series of intervals or chords that ends a phrase, section, or piece of music. Cadences give phrases a distinctive ending. An analogy can be made with punctuation, with some weaker cadences acting as commas, indicating a pause or momentary rest, while a stronger cadence will then act as the period, indicating the end of the phrase or musical sentence.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas at US!!



It was the first Christmas I'm celebrating away from home...I was truly excited about it...although I had to study for my qualification exam during the break I made sure that I make the best use of this winter break. Also it gets really lonely at Stanford as the Christmas closes in... To break that loneliness I decided to host a party at my apartment..Although there were only a few people on Campus..I really had fun with my friends both from India and from other countries.. I had a great time cooking some Indian food..trying some Estonian snacks!! exchanging views about the estonian and sweden cultures.. It was truly a wonderful time... I went to the nearest Vineyard Church in Palo Alto for the Christmas Eve Service. It was a candle light service with beautiful Christmas Carols...It certainly was one of the best Christmas I had ever celebrated.....

No comments: